audio decoding cw-signals

Open discussion for all topics
alx

audio decoding cw-signals

Post by alx » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:07 pm

hi guys,
first of all i wanna say i am very happy to found this forum.
i like to share some expeariences about decoding morse code signals and other related stuff.
so, i am happy to start right here a nice discussion.
thanx a lot for all your interesst and please guys go on.

alx

wpm

Post by alx » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 pm

mca has a built in automatic wpm routine. because sometimes if your audio decoding fails or isn't really exact, it helps to adjust the wpm rate. sure, soon you get more expearienced and you will know how fastly to speed up or slow down (and how much) the wpm parameter. you get trained in this.
if this parameter is in the near of the signal from your audio source, the result is much better.
so, just use this auto-words-per-minute option as a good start.
try to reduce other noise from your source, isolate the signal and you will get at least a working translation.
good luck.

alx

where to catch signals? -》websdr

Post by alx » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:06 pm

you don't own a analog or digital radio and want to start to decode some morse messages?
a good start to catch some cw-signals is every time www.websdr.org.
like the sdr in twente, nederlands.
but there are many cool more.so give them a chance! different locations means different signals.
i found a russian navy signal there, one night.
things like this, i love!
but there are a lot of 'clear' morse code signals from normal radio enthusiasts, you can decode directly.
military signals you can decode, but of course-they stay crypted. or, some of you tell me how to decode...just a joke. but, we'll see...
you will soon learn to recognize the visual style of morse code signals and maybe you are interested (like me) in decoding amateur radio signals, like psk, rtty and so on?
i would be happy to get some feedback about interesting signals, frequencies, etc..

cheshy

audio decoding cw signals

Post by cheshy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am

Does anyone know of an app that will take an audio file and convert it to midi notes? I have some audio files that I would like to convert to midi so I can use auria to change the sound of the instrument.

польза черноплодной рябины